A short and steep trail to a subalpine lake in the Valhallas. Shannon Lake is a quick trip for hikers, but off-trail adventurers will have lots of options to explore the ridges beyond and Mount Vingolf above.Continue reading “Shannon Lake”
If you like steep trails, then you’ll love Mount Kuskanax! The southern trail ascends at a wicked grade before levelling out along the long ridge-line approach to the summit.Continue reading “Mount Kuskanax (South Trail)”
A gorgeous hike that ascends through forest and wildflower meadows to reach a historic fire tower. The Saddle Mountain Lookout is perched panoramically high above Nakusp and Arrow Lakes!Continue reading “Saddle Mountain Lookout”
A nice, short outing for folks staying overnight in Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park. This trail will take you past the historic Slocan Chief Cabin and then dip down to visit two alpine lakes.Continue reading “Helen Deane Lakes”
A scenic loop with some urban hiking! You’ll never be far from the industrial sounds of the City of Trail, but this loop ascends to wide views of the Columbia River Valley along the bluffs.Continue reading “Trail Bluffs Loop”
The Fry Creek Canyon Trail has suffered from recent mudslides along the canyon wall, significantly shortening the route during spring run-off. But it’s still a worthwhile destination if you’re already visiting the north end of Kootenay Lake!Continue reading “Fry Creek Canyon”
Tighten your hiking boots and prepare for an incredibly steep trail that ascends to a panoramic overlook of Kootenay Lake. Head further up the trail to explore an old growth cedar forest and reach Fishhook Lake.Continue reading “Davis Creek Trail”
Nelson is surrounded by forested mountains with hidden viewpoints. It’s a hikers paradise – if you know where to go! Here are some of the best viewpoint trails that will let you gaze out over our mountain town.Continue reading “Best Hiking Viewpoints over Nelson, BC”
West Kootenay Hiking has hit some big milestones in the last few days
- 75 trail reviews posted
- 50,000 visitors on the new site
- and this new Facebook page!
Let’s celebrate with a giveaway!
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
A unisex t-shirt from the West Kootenay Hiking collection in the colour, size, and design of your choice:
HOW TO ENTER
Do any of the following for one entry in the draw. Maximum of 3 entries per person:
1. Like the West Kootenay Hiking Facebook page
2. Tag a hiking buddy in the comments of the contest Facebook post.
3. Share the West Kootenay Hiking Facebook page with your friends
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- contest closes Friday, May 10th at 4pm PST
- winner will be contacted through Facebook messenger
- winner must reside in Canada or the US, and must provide name and address to receive prize in mail
- prize is a unisex t-shirt from the West Kootenay Hiking collection on Redbubble, in the size and colour of the winner’s choice. Prize is not cash transferrable.